Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The War Against Acne!!


As I have mentioned a few times in past posts, I have been at battle with a very stubborn opponent known as, ACNE! She is not nice at all, extremely annoying, and very aggravating. As if when she pops up to say hi, it's as if she is trying to instigate and provoke my frustration on purpose...So, I caved... I gave into the VERY over hyped, in my opinion, Pro Active. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when ordering this product due to many mixed reviews, however on the other hand, I thought, what would I have to lose, other then a few dollars to by the product along with my curiosity of whether it works or not. When receiving the product, I have to say I was a bit perturbed. It took well over a week maybe even two, for them to respond to me that they were finally sending out my product, however it did arrive within 2 to 3 days after the message was sent. I was a bit excited when finally receiving the package. I admit I did get butterflies, hoping it was the answer to my prayers. I couldn't wait to wash my face!


Sooo my review on this product after using it for half a month is, IT WORKS!! I would say that 90% to 95% of my acne has been put to rest, so far. Don't get me wrong, although this product does do a good job at clearing up your acne, it does come with its cons. After using the product for the first few days my acne was clearing up, but by the end of the week I literally felt as if I was leather face. My skin was sooo tight and extremely dry and I have combination/oily skin. It was as if when I went to moisturizer my face the moisturizer laughed and said "Oh yea Right!" All in all, with my experience, yes this product does work but you must make sure to find a good balance when using it. If you have dry or sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend this product as it can be too harsh for your skin. However if you do decide to take a crack at it, don't be afraid, I would minimize the use to 2-3 times per week and a lot of moisturizer. The moisturizer I found that worked wonders in combination with proactive is Philosophy's Hope in a Jar.

I hope this post was able to be of service to you in some way and if you are or have struggled with acne and have found a system that works for you, Please leave a comment! I would love to know!

Peace&Clear Skin,
Amber Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment